Injuries are very common at the workplace. No matter how safe your job you are doing appears, you still have to face with the potential dangers and hazards while you are working. Anuually, thousands of employees become victims of workplace accidents which negatively impact their lives and families, damage both their physical and financial well-being. The following guidlines will list some of the most frequent workplace accidents and injuries, so that you can better prepare and protect yourself and people you care about.
Accidents in the Workplace
Depending on your specific field, there are many accidents that are likely to occur in your place of employment. Because of this, you run the risk of becoming the victim of one of these accidents. From falling object accidents to slips, trips, and falls, it is important to note you can be involved in a workplace accident unexpectedly.
When you are involved in an accident, it is likely you will suffer from an injury. The following injuries are some of the most common to occur in the workplace.
· Head injury, often caused by falling objects
· Neck injury, which can be caused in a number of ways, including from falling objects or falls
· Broken bones and fractures, often related to falls or machinery use
· Carpal tunnel, caused by overuse
· Repetitive motion injury, which can be caused by repetitive tasks in any field
· Strains and sprains, which can be caused by overexertion
· Burns, which can be caused by use of chemical materials or overheated machinery
Experiencing the above injuries can negatively impact your wellbeing and ability to continue working in the future. When this happens, it is important to know whether you are eligible for workers' compensation benefits.
If you would like to know more about workplace safety or workers' compensation law, visit the website of the Pennsylvania workers' compensation attorneys of Lowenthal & Abrams, P.C. today.